These Smoky Chickpea Balls are delish!
They make a great alternative to meatballs, and are still high in protein.
Serve with pasta, spaghetti, and / or a big serving of green veg for an easy meat fee meal!
𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴:
* 2 slices wholemeal bread, crusts cut off and torn into pieces
* 50g parmesan / vegetarian alternative
* 400g can chickpea, drained and rinsed
* 2 garlic gloves
* 2 tsp smoked paprika
* 1 egg, beaten
𝘍𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘶𝘤𝘦:
* 680g jar passata with onions and garlic
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 clove of garlic, crushed
1. Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan
2. Chuck the bread in a food processor with the Parmesan and pulse until it is crumbed
3. Add the chickpeas, garlic cloves, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper
4. Whiz until blended then add the egg
5. Shape into balls (approx 15) and place on greaseproof paper on a baking sheet, cook for 10mins, turn them over, and cook for a further 5-10mins
6. Whilst cooking, heat the olive oil in a pan, fry the crushed garlic for a few mins
7. Add the passata, season well and cook until heated through