I regularly get asked “What’s the best way to lose fat?”
Let’s strip fat loss right back.
We have three main options:
1. Eat as you are, but move more
2. Move as you are, but eat less
3. Eat less, move more
These three things *may* create a calorie deficit, which in turn, will lead to fat loss.
When won’t they create a calorie deficit?
1. If you’re consuming 5000kcals a day, moving to burn that much will be tough.
2. Eating less can lead you to feel lethargic if not managed possible, you therefore may end up moving less without really realising, or just generally feeling awful.
3. As above, if your diet hasn’t been built correctly you may feel rubbish, hungry, angry etc.
If you build a well balanced diet, full of protein, and a good 80/20 ratio of whole foods vs non-whole foods, then option 3 is the BOMB for fat loss.
The above is the VERY basics, so don’t @ me saying “omg there’s way more to it than that”.
Trust me, I get it.
The principles stay the same.
The individual circumstances change.